Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We be jammin'...

On Saturday, I gave a Jam lesson to a couple of friends. I think that canning/preserving is a lost art, and I want to keep it up. I grew up with homemade jams, applesauce, home canned fruits and veggies. I want to know what is going into what I am giving my family, as much as I can help. Here are a few photos of the jamming chaos:


Don't these look yummy!


LP and D, filling the jars


Getting a little bath


The finished product


The aftermath

Canning soon: Applesauce, Apple Butter, and Peaches!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

YES! Those look GOOD! You could probably use a jar as an online give-away prize, and get a lot of participants! Just an idea. LOL

Marlayna said...

Oh my goodness do those rasberries look delic and the jam looks to die for. I love homemade rasberry jam. YUMMY! Good for you!

Ruth said...

They look wonderful! I love making jam :-)

Ruth xx