Monday, August 4, 2008

Livin' on a Prayer...


Our Seek the Lord Sunday subject this week is prayer. Prayer and me are tight!

I have so many reasons to be thankful that the veil was torn so I can approach my Heavenly Father with my thoughts and feelings directly. Praise God that I am his child!

I HUGELY believe in the power of prayer. I believe in the little prayers said by a child and I believe in the larger prayers agreed upon by a congregation. I know the direct effects of the power of prayer:


We have an awesome, annointed prayer time before our evening service on Sunday. Sometimes this time is filled with quiet devotionals and other times it is filled with Holy Ghost fire and we are bringing the building down with us. One thing that remains constant is that God is always there, directing us and intently listening to us and our petitions.

We also most Sunday evenings after Sunday service have a time of prayer for the congregation. This Sunday was no different though tonight, I needed the prayers. This past week, it has felt like my joy has been stolen and some overwhelming sadness has crept in. It has been a year since the pregnancy that I lost and thoughts of the baby that might have been have been sneaking up on me as well. "Beany" would have been 3 months now... and my heart still has some sadness there from that loss. The prayer warriors of our church gathered around me and lifted me up to Him and I thank them for their intercession.

I can't wait until next week, CB (that is my new nickname for you Daiquiri!). See you then!

2 comments:

life is a blessing said...

That is one hot picture of the boy. lol

I love you and you know that beany is already with God and you have someone waiting to meet you in Heaven.

Daiquiri said...

Hey, thanks for joining in this week. I love what you said about the small prayers of a child and the large prayers of a congregation :)

The picture was great...we have those teth for our kids too! We even have a Billy Bob Binky...it's hysterical to see a smiling Thomas with his teeth in! ;)

Thanks again for your participation.

CB :)