Monday, August 18, 2008

I haven't got all day....


The Seek the Lord Sunday topic this week: What has God been showing/teaching you?

God is always working on me with patience. I have none. I recently heard someone at church say "I stopped praying for patience, and started praying for understanding." I need BOTH!

Galatians 5:22-23 states that "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

I have the rest pretty much down, just that P-word that I struggle with. My mom has told me that even as a child I was not a patient person. Now as an adult, it is still there, though with different wants. I want to have another little one. I wanted The Boy so badly and I cried out to God night and day. Now, I am in the same place. I know that God has a plan for our family but I wish that I understood His timing. I think that it would make it SO much eaiser. I need to focus on the Promise that is His word.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

I am really looking forward to our monthy Girls Night Out on Thursday since the "Fruits of the Spirit" is the topic. I hope that it will guide me into some insight about patience. I just wish that it would hurry up and get here. ;o)

2 comments:

Amy said...

eek! I can really relate to this, thanks for your comment at my blog :-)

Peggy said...

oh yeah Andrea...you & me both...
Patience...hurry up and get here...
I can't wait!!!(lol) This was good! I think we are both learning this fruit. Seems like a lifetime lesson for those of us who just don't HAVE all day. I use to tell my poor little daughter, move faster, talk faster, eat faster, think faster...I was always pushing cuz I couldn't wait for the slow pokey patient pace. I hope that she is patient with her children. Oh well, there's another lesson.Thanks for sharing!Blessings