Saturday, July 26, 2008

Parenting 101



Welcome back to Seek the Lord Sunday! Today's topic is Parenting.

I am so glad that I have my Heavenly Father in my corner when it comes to parenting. From when I was a child, until now as a mother, I know that the Lord has been in my life, directing my steps. I am so fortunate to have been raised in a Christian home, where I was nurtured and loved by both my parents. Even after they divorced when I was 12, they both continued on loving myself and my brother the same.

My husband was not so fortunate. He basically raised himself and his younger sister from a young age. He went to church sporadically. He went between both of his parents for years, living with each for a time, before moving again.

Even though our backgrounds were not the same, by any means, God had a plan for both of our lives, to become one, and to have children and become parents.

The Hubby and I tried to concieve for almost a year and a half. One night at church, our pastor, when giving the Altar call, said that "Tonight is your night, if you are out there and you need a touch in your body, or anything from The Lord, come forward." The Hubby and I did, and I know that, just like Sarah, my womb was opened that night. I thank God everyday for The Boy and the blessing that he has been to us, even now that he is in the "terrible two's".



We only have The Boy so far (we are awaiting our "quiver")and I KNOW that we have made our mistakes, being parents of one. I am sure that we will continue to make them. Praise God, that he forgives our mistakes, he gives us the freedom to forgive ourselves for the mistakes that we have made.

I also know that without Him daily renewing my patience and strength, I would not be able to keep my hair from turning 18 shades of gray....

Thank you Jesus!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I pray for many more children for you, being a parent is hard work but I wouldn't want to change it for a minute :-)

Amy
mytudorhouse.wordpress.com

Becky Avella said...

Great pictures! I'm so thankful God has blessed you with your son.

I'm so thankful He covers our mistakes, too.

: ) Becky

Daiquiri said...

Thank God for all the healing He's done in your lives! Very sweet pictures...nothing quite like a boy and his daddy :)

Thanks for joining in this week!

Marlayna said...

Children are most definitely a blessing, I can see all the smiles your little boy must bring to you. What a beautiful story surrounding his conception. I love the moments that I just know that God had His hands on my life. I know He is always there, but it is so reassuring when His presence is so evident.